Last Updated on June 2, 2023 by Tyra Miller
The DeWalt DW511 is a general all purpose drill with a hammer option. Like most all-in-one drills, the hammer function on this drill is weak. It’s a great choice for someone looking for a multipurpose drill with versatility for many projects.
Features & Benefits
- 5 amp motor provides high performance and overload protection
- Dual-mode: hammer drill/drill for wood, steel, or masonry applications
- Lightweight design (4.3 lbs) for extended use and less user fatigue
- Two-finger trigger for increased comfort
- 360-degree side handle with depth rod offers greater control
- versatility, and increased depth accuracy
- Variable speed allows for precise hole placement on the work surface
In terms of power, it is not suited for hard concrete-like tasks for extended periods of time. If you have the occasional job with hard materials, it might be a good choice. If you’re doing heavy masonry work, we suggest getting a better-quality hammer drill.
Other Things to Consider
It’s a corded design which is a disadvantage in terms of mobility. However, corded hammer drills are great for keeping the tool lightweight. It’s more lightweight than other cordless hammer drills, which is an important issue to consider for many.
Overall, it’ll be a good choice for a multipurpose drill with a hammer function; however, if you intend to do more heavy-duty drilling we recommend going with a higher-quality hammer drill. You can read more reviews or buy it on Amazon.